Our four fantastic events are back for 2018 plus a bonus 5th event for our 5th year!
Kids’ Dash /ages 9 & under / 5 minutes / $10 per child earlybird / $15 standard
Junior Relay / ages 10-15 / 20 minute relay / $60 per team earlybird / $80 standard
Social Relay / ages 12 & over /40 minute relay / $80 per team earlybird / $100 standard
Open Relay / ages 16 & over / 2 hour relay / $140 per team earlybird / $160 standard
NEW EVENT: HOT LAP / ages 16 & over / 200m / $10 per person earlybird / $15 standard
*Earlybird prices end on 31st August, 2018*
For our 5th year, we are introducing a brand new 5th event – the HOT LAP!
Participants will run one single hot lap of the Sandgate Roundabout in the reverse direction. It’s all the atmosphere, thrill and excitement of the event, condensed into one exciting lap!
Male and female heats will be run, with the winners of each going through to the finals, where they’ll sprint for a cash prize. Numbers will be strictly capped on this event, so be sure to secure your spot!
NOTE: As long as you are over 16, you can enter the Hot Lap, as well as the Open and/or Social Relay. Make a night of it with your friends, family or sporting club!
All events are run around the 250-metre (approx) Sandgate Roundabout, with road closures in place for the duration of the event.
All teams require 2-4 participants. Every participant in every event receives a medal.
Places are limited for safety reasons, due to the course being a fairly small track. Get in quick to secure your spot – most events sold out in 2017!
– 1 runner from each team on track at any given time
– it’s up to each team how many laps each runner completes at a time
– it’s up to each team how many laps each team member runs
– teams will be allocated a transition bay at race pack collection: this is where you must changeover your baton each time
– have fun!
Race Pack Collection
Date: Saturday 13th October, 2017
Time: 8am – 2:30pm
Location: Foyer outside Woolworths Sandgate
Time: 3:00pm – onwards
Location: Information Stand, near Sandgate Town Hall
- Every participant registering for the Junior, Social or Open Relays must either create or join a team.
- The only event taking individual registrations is the Kids’ Dash (parents/guardians must complete this for their child).
- The team captain must create & pay for the whole team at the point of registration. The captain is then responsible for getting their team-mates to register themselves & join the team.
- Parents must use the “non-participating team captain” option to create a team for their child, and then register their child as a team member.
- You can also use the “non-participating team captain” option if you are, for example, a personal trainer or representing a sporting club and registering multiple teams.
- Every person participating on the day must have registered as a team member prior to the event. Team captains, please make sure your team members have ALL signed up.
The Sandgate Sunset Run’s refund and transfer policy is as follows:
- any refund requests made before 31st July will receive a 75% refund on their team or individual registration price
- any requests made from 1st August – 31st August will receive a 50% refund on their team or individual registration price
- any requests made from 1st September – 30th September will receive a 25% refund on their team or individual registration price
- There will be no refunds issued from 1st October onwards, for teams or individuals. This includes, but is not limited to, non-participation due to illness, injury, work or family commitments, travel etc.
A $5 administration fee is applicable to any changes made to an entry, including transferring to another category or transferring to another participant. Please note, all participants MUST run as themselves and not with someone else’s bib, due to emergency contact information, safety concerns and fairness of gender and age categories.
By accepting the terms and conditions as part of the registration, you are accepting that you are aware of the cut-off dates and the refund/transfer policy. If you have any questions or concerns about registration, transfer or refund, please send us an email at email@example.com.